I found a new recipe online this past week and loved we loved it!
First I browned hamburger, onion, and green pepper. And then I added spices.
In a separate bowl, I threw together mayo, sour cream, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and green chiles.
In a thirst bowl, I mixed together biscuit mix and water.
I spread this in a pan and baked it.
Then I topped the baked biscuit layer with the hamburger mixture.
I topped this with the diced tomatoes and then the mayo mixture.
Finally, I sprinkled some cheese on top and popped it into the oven.
Viola! Chessy, pretty and smelling great! We each had more than one helping and especially liked the crust on the bottom of the casserole.
This is a super easy, comfort meal that you’ll love. Serve with a quick salad, and you’ve got your meal. Hope you give it a try, too.
- 1½ lb. ground beef
- ½ C yellow onion, chopped
- 1 diced red bell pepper (I used green)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- S & P to taste
- ½ C sour cream
- ½ C mayo
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 t garlic pwd
- 2½ C biscuit mix
- 1 C water
- In skillet brown beef, onion and red pepper and taco seasoning, s and p.
- In mixing bowl mix together mayo, sour cream, green chilies, garlic powder and ½ of cheese.
- In another bowl, mix together biscuit mix and water.
- In a greased 9x13 pan, press dough evenly in pan. Bake 5-7 min at 350 degrees.
- Take out of oven and place beef mixture evenly on crust.
- Next layer: add diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- Next layer: mayo mixture.
- Add remaining shredded cheese atop, then pop in oven at 350 degrees.