How many of you reading this are already elbow deep in Christmas baking? I am and I am loving it….and if I were to guess, I would say my husband and children are too! In the snack bowl this week is this delicious caramel puff corn. You buy the bag of puff corn from the grocery store, make your own caramel and then toss on the puff corn and bake. The end result is an addicting caramel corn. Bet you can’t eat just one handful! 😜
- 1 (8oz) bag of puff corn
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- Place puff corn in a lightly greased roaster pan
- In a large sauce pan bring the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup to a boil, continue to boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add in the baking soda (mixture will foam) stir well and remove from heat.
- Pour caramel mixture over the puff corn in roaster pan and mix well.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes stirring every 10-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool on was paper in a single layer
Try a few other great caramel snacks below: