I’ve mentioned before in some of my recipes posts that broccoli is not really my vegetable of choice. However, when made into this salad, I can’t get enough. Something about the combination of ingredients (broccoli, bacon, onion and cranberries) tossed in a mayonnaise based dressing gets my mouth watering. I may have a little too much love for mayonnaise, it’s something I have come to accept. ha!
This salad is simple to make and enjoyed by many. A go-to picnic or BBQ side for me in the Spring and Summer months. Do you have a go-to salad recipe?
- 1 large broccoli head, chopped into bite size pieces (approx. 4 cups)
- ½ cup red onion, chopped finely
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup of Crasins (dried cranberries)
- 1 small package sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs white vinegar
- 2 Tbs sugar
- Combine all ingredients into serving bowl except dressing and mix together.
- Make dressing from listed ingredients, stir until well blended.
- Just before serving add dressing to bowl of salad (broccoli, bacon, onion, etc) and toss until coated evenly.
- Store in refrigerator.
I often times buy the precut, prewashed large bag of broccoli from Costco. It makes this even easier to make…but leaves me with lots of broccoli to use up. No problem! Within the week of purchasing my jumbo bag of broccoli I also make these tasty recipes that include broccoli. Perfect!
Beef & Broccoli