This recipe comes from my mom. She makes the best blueberry muffins! Maybe it has to do with the amount of butter in them… or maybe it’s the amount of blueberries… or maybe it just has to do with that extra special touch she has! Mine still didn’t turn out quite like mom’s but maybe yours can. 🙂
By the way, they are great to make with kids. My daughter loves them, and she loves blueberries too – it might be because she thinks muffins and cupcakes are basically the same thing! Undoubtedly, her favorite part is sprinkling the sugar on top before baking – it’s one heaping spoonful!
These vanish quickly, and get consumed in mass quantities. They are great for coffees, brunches, picnics, or just anytime.
Let me know how yours turn out!
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 1¼ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. milk
- 2 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 2 - 2½ c. fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend alternately with the milk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Add paper cups in muffin tins.
- Pour in batter about ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with sugar before baking.
- Let cool on wire rack.