Better Than Anything Cake, you ask? Well, the claim is it better than ANYTHING. That’s a pretty bold claim, for such a simple little cake. 🙂
This cake has been a staple in my Mom’s house for years. It’s become a favorite for my husband and also my brothers-in-law. (funny story about this cake, my brother-in-law coordinated a family dinner for my sisters birthday last month. He requested that my mom make this specific cake for her. I was surprised when we arrived to the party and saw this cake as my sister is more of a white cake, cream cheese filling type of girl. Later I casually mentioned to my sister that her tastes must be changing. She replied with a laugh and said “I didn’t get to choose my own cake, my husband did!” Haha, yes indeed…this cake is popular with the men.)
My husband also loves this cake. He requests this cake or my Grandma’s Homemade Chocolate Cake when asked. I appreciate the fact that he requests one of the two. My Grandma’s Chocolate Cake is special to me and brings back so many memories and for this one, well once you see how simple it is to make, you will understand.
Better Than Anything Cake is a moist chocolate cake with sweetened caramel oozing out of it, topped with light and fluffy cool whip and toffee bits. It is indeed easy and delicious. Check out the recipe below….make it for that special man in your life and see if it will become a favorite in your house too
- 1 German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 jar caramel topping
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- (1) 12oz container cool whip
- (4) heath bars crushed or 8 oz toffee bits
- Mix cake and bake in a 9x13" pan according to package
- Poke top of warm cake every ½ " with handle of wooden spoon
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over top of cake. Let stand until milk is absorbed into cake.
- Drizzle caramel topping on top of cake.
- Cover cake and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Spread cool whip on top of cake.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Sprinkle crushed heath or toffee bits right before serving.