What can be even easier than tacos? Beef Taco Skillet! This is a quick, go-to recipe that is loved by my kids (and me). I try to always keep the ingredients on hand. (If I’m out of taco seasoning, I use Shelby’s homemade taco seasoning recipe.
I brown some beef, and add the rice, beans, and seasoning, Next I sprinkle on some cheddar. Remove from heat, cover and wait for five minutes (just enough time to check some math or fold a load or two).Presto! Melty magic has taken place!
We eat ours with tortilla chips (no silverware to wash!), salsa, and sometimes sour cream and cilantro (if we have them on hand). I also eat this served over lettuce and skip the chips when I’m feeling healthy. And of course, this is lovely with Molly’s Guacamole.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 C Minute white rice, uncooked
- 2 C water
- ½ C salsa
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Lettuce, cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips (to serve)
- Cook ground beef in large skillet.
- Add rice, water, salsa, and black beans, taco seasoning.
- Stir until well blended and bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover.
- Remove from heat; and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped cilantro, sour cream, and tortilla chips (optional).