Well, New Year’s Eve is this weekend, and that makes me hungry for all of the snacky foods. You, too? One of our family’s favorites is Jalapeno Poppers. Our friends, Grant and Susie, introduced these to us several years ago, and we have loved them ever since.
I love the spice of the peppers, the creamy cream cheese, and the flavor of the caramelized bbq sauce. And of course one can never go wrong with bacon. 🙂 Recently, to mix things up a little, we decided to make half of them with buffalo sauce. Delish!
Popper Perfection! These are just divine! Bring them to New Year’s party, and you’ll be one popular guest. 🙂
Are you eating apps for New Years? Here are a few other ideas:
Buffalo Chicken Dip– this one is SOOOO good!
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon and Sugar chips– light and refreshing
Crunchy Taco Bites– kids and grown-ups love these!
- 10 whole Fresh Jalapenos
- 1 8 oz brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- 7 slices bacon, cut Into Thirds
- ½ C bbq sauce or
- ½ C buffalo sauce
- 20 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and white membrane. We leave a little of the membrane because we like things hot!
- With the back of a spoon, smear softened cream cheese into each jalapeno half.
- Wrap jalapeno with bacon pieces (1/3 slice).
- Secure by sticking toothpick through the middle.
- Brush bbq or buffalo sauce on each pepper.
- Place a rack on top of a baking sheet, and place each pepper on top of the rack.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Turn the broiler on and broil for 3-4 minutes. This makes the bacon a little crispy and caramelizes the sauce. Yum!
- Serve immediately!