Do you like to eat breakfast anytime of the day? I do! Had this for supper last night and it was quite yummy!
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz) Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat about 4 minutes or until cooked but not crisp, turning once. (It will continue to cook in oven.) Set bacon aside; drain all except 2 teaspoons bacon drippings from skillet.
- In medium bowl, beat ⅓ cup of the milk, the eggs, salt and pepper with fork or whisk until well mixed. Stir in bell pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture heats, portions of eggs will begin to set. Gently push cooked portions with metal spatula to outside edge of skillet. Avoid stirring constantly. As more egg sets, push it to the edge and place it on top of the already set egg mixture. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist.
- Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. On parchment-lined cookie sheet, arrange triangles with shortest sides toward center, overlapping in star shape and leaving 4-inch round circle open in center (see diagram). Crescent dough points may hang over edge of cookie sheet. Press overlapping dough to flatten.
- Place bacon on each of the triangles. Sprinkle ⅓ cup of the cheese onto widest part of dough. Spoon eggs over cheese. Sprinkle with ⅓ cup of the cheese. Pull points of triangles over eggs and cheese, and tuck under dough to form ring (filling will be visible). Carefully brush dough with remaining 1 tablespoon milk; sprinkle with remaining ⅓ cup cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. With broad spatula, carefully loosen ring from cookie sheet; slide onto serving platter. Garnish with cilantro and salsa.
Whisking the eggs, milk and salt and pepper.
Forming the base of the ring with the crescent dough. I like to place an upside down bowl in the center to make the ring uniform.
Serves 8 easily.
Garnish with cilantro (YES) and salsa.
The end. 🙂