Rejoice! Grilling weather is here!!
My husband makes these bacon and blue cheese burgers, and we think they are fabulous. Not only do I get to take a break from cooking for an evening, but these truly are delicious, juicy burgers. (Win-win!)
While I keep the kiddos busy playing in the back yard, he gets to work. He adds the bacon and blue cheese before making the meat into patties.
He grills them to perfection (medium for him and well-done for the rest of us). The end result is a burger that is creamy and tangy from the melted blue cheese and crunchy and salty from the bacon. These are packed full of so much flavor that we keep the toppings really simple and usually just add a crisp leaf of lettuce and maybe a little mustard.
(Notice the slightly grilled bun? I am one spoiled lady.)
How about you? Do you add ingredients to your hamburger before or after grilling?
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ teaspooon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- buns, lettuce, ketchup, and mustard to serve
- Par-cook bacon. We cook the bacon on a paper-towel lined plate for 4 minutes in the microwave.
- Slice bacon into bit size pieces.
- Mix ground beef, blue cheese, bacon, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Grill to desired color.