It’s nearly Spring here in Iowa and I have been craving those fresh fruits and vegetables for quite a while! I am looking forward to warmer months ahead and all the fresh from the garden goodies. Although, it’s not nearly time to enjoy the bounty of ones garden, this salad will tide me over until then! The fresh ingredients of cherry tomatoes, avocado and fresh mozzarella mixed with light olive oil and basil are a perfect blend. You can use fresh basil if you have on hand or dried works out well too!
Serve it up as an appetizer or a side dish. It’s simple to make and would go along great at BBQ’s and picnics in the coming months. I usually eat it plain but on occasion will put it on a slice of baguette bread. Mmmm, I might have to whip up another batch today. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and cubed
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1.5 Tbs extra light olive oil
- 2 tsp basil (dried or finely chopped fresh)
- Salt & Pepper to taste (Optional)
- Place halved cherry tomatoes, cubed mozzarella and avocado into a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over top and add basil and gently mix. Salt and pepper to taste