This wonderful, 3 ingredient pie crust is my go-to recipe for any pie that needs just a bottom layer crust (think strawberry, banana cream, chocolate, or key lime). My Aunt Kay introduced it into the family many years ago, and my mom and I have used it countless times.
It’s so easy that it doesn’t even require a mixing bowl. Just melt a stick of butter in a pie plate, mix in flour and powdered sugar, pat down, and pieced with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes, and voila! Pie crust! Buttery, crunchy, delicious pie crust!
Now, what should we fill it with…..???? What’s your favorite cold summer pie?
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 C flour
- 2 T powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a pie pan.
- With a fork, stir in flour and powdered sugar.
- With floured hands, press into place. Piece with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I love to fill this crust with these favorite pies: