Ahh, apple crisp is one of my husband’s favorite desserts. It is also one of our son’s favorites too…although he calls it “apple Chris” 😂 My mom being the kind and giving woman she is also knows we have apple crisp lovers in our family. So, of course she is on top of it…apple crisp in every variation you can think of. You betcha, my mom came up with this recipe idea for a fun twist on the old traditional apple crisp.
Instead of a deep pan of dessert you have a thin pie crust topped with apples and the oh so yummy crumble topping. Don’t forget the caramel and ice cream on top!
This is great to make year round, not just in the fall. Its an easy dessert to take to a friends house for dinner, change up your dessert pizza on pizza night or even Valentine’s Day (hello heart shaped dessert pizza!) ❤ With my husband’s busy schedule this is also a great dessert he can take on his way out the door after a quick lunch. Throw a slice on a napkin and away he goes.
Hope you give this fun apple crisp pizza a try and enjoy it as much as we do!
- Pastry for a single pie crust
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbs flour
- 4 medium baking apples (peeled and sliced ½" slices)
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping or caramel apple dip for drizzling after baked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll pastry to fit 12" pizza pan. Fold under or flute edges.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl Add apples and toss. Arrange coated apple slices in a single layer in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry.
- Combine first five topping ingredients (all but caramel); sprinkle over apples
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and drizzle pizza with caramel