This salad is a favorite for summer, and great for a gathering or barbecue. We enjoy all of the layers, and goes great with any summer flavor! I remember Grandma Betty making this refreshing salad for many occasions over the years.
1 = lettuce
2 = peas
3 = green onion
4 = hard boiled eggs
5 = crumbled bacon
6 = mayonnaise
7 = cheddar cheese
This salad is loaded with protein. It’s crisp, refreshing, and a great side for just about anything.
- 1 head of shredded lettuce
- 1 package of frozen peas - 12 oz.
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, crisp and crumbled
- 1 1-/2 c. Hellman's mayonnaise
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded or grated
- In a 9 x 13 pan, shred lettuce to half full. Then add: peas, then onions, then eggs, then bacon. Frost with mayonnaise. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Can be made in large glass bowl and tossed before serving.