Christmas is 2 days away! How did this happen? If you’re like me, you’ve still got a little shopping and wrapping and baking to do. This is why I love quick recipes during Christmas crunch time. So today, I’m sharing my fastest holiday recipe: 5 Minute Microwave Fudge.
This is my favorite fudge recipe. It is so decadent and scrumptious and delicious. The texture of these is very similar to a truffle. Yum! And as a bonus, it literally takes five minutes to make in the microwave. I also love that it’s super versatile.
Today, the kids and I whipped up four batches in about 20 minutes. We added different flavors and toppings to each batch and ended up with (from left to right) double chocolate, peppermint, walnut, and coconut almond fudge. I love to put a topping on each flavor that reflects what the flavor is of the fudge- takes out the guess work for the fudge eater! 🙂
As you can see, I also take a pretty “rustic” approach to cutting and serving. I like to leave some small and some big pieces so everyone can get just what they like!
We delivered some to friends and stuck some in the freezer so it will be ready for upcoming holiday gatherings. Isn’t it a wonderful feeling to have some treats waiting in the freezer? 🙂 Merry Christmas to me!
- 4 C powdered sugar
- ½ C unsweetened cocoa powder (regular or dark chocolate)
- ½ C butter (1 stick), cut into cubes
- ¼ C milk
- 1½ Tablespoon flavoring extract (your choice- vanilla, coconut, peppermint, walnut, almond)
- 1½ C raw nuts (optional)
- Topping ideas:
- White chocolate chips
- Junior mints
- Crushed peppermint
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Use a whisk to stir them together until they are well combined.
- Add the butter and milk to the powdered sugar and microwave for one minute on high. Stir.
- Microwave for another minutes. Stir until completely combined and smooth.
- Stir in flavoring and nuts (if using)
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared dish and spread to desired thickness. Place or sprinkle toppings on top (if using)
- Refrigerate until cool and fully set.
- Lift foil out of dish and transfer fudge to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
For peppermint, I used peppermint flavoring and placed junior mints on top. Crushed peppermints would also be a great topping.
For walnut, I used vanilla flavoring, mixed in chopped walnuts, and placed chopped walnuts on top.
For the coconut almond, I used coconut flavoring, and placed a whole walnut on top of each square.
Need a few more quick recipes? Here are a few EASY family favorites:
Caprese Salad Skewers– aren’t the colors perfect for Christmas? Plus, so fresh and healthy!
Microwave Chex Crunch– Another microwave miracle. Addictive!
Dipped Peppermint Oreos– no baking required! Perfect to make with kids!
Pine Cone Cheese Spread Appetizer– Easy, Festive, and Fun!
I hope you are enjoying this Christmas season! It is truly so full of joy, hope, and peace.