Spring time has arrived in Iowa, and each day seems to go a little faster than the day before. There is just so much spring fun to be had! We’ve been biking, meeting friends for softball, and doing a few of our school subjects outside to enjoy the spring weather. The kids are trying a few new activities this spring as well, and so our evenings are filling up quite quickly. In busy seasons like this, I turn to my quick and easy recipes like today’s Simple Beef Enchiladas. Our family loves anything that is beefy and cheesy, and I love anything that is easy to make!
I love the simplicity of this recipe. Keeping it to only five ingredients really allows you to taste each.yummy.ingredient: Hearty beef, creamy cheese, a delicious sauce, and fresh, bright cilantro.
I keep the meal simple by serving this with some sliced avocado and some refried beans. These would also be super delicious with some of Molly’s guacamole and Shelby’s homemade tortilla chips. Yummy! Cheesey, beefy, scrumptious enchiladas! Make them soon; you’ll be so glad you did!
- 2 pounds ground beef, browned
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 20 oz enchilada sauce (we use mild, but any heat variety works)
- ¼ cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add 1 C cheddar cheese and ½ of the enchilada sauce to the ground beef.
- Fill each tortilla with about ¼ C of ground beef mixture, roll tortilla, and place seam down in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour the remainder of the enchilada sauce and then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the tortillas.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro right before serving.