These potatoes are crispy, cheesy, salty…..yummy! And I love them because they can be whipped up in about 10 minutes. We seem to eat these a lot during the grilling season when its great to keep things super simple in the kitchen. While my husband watches the chicken, steak, or chops on the grill, I can have these ready in a snap.
- 6-8 red or Russet potatoes
- seasoning of your choice (garlic powder, seasoned salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper)
- ½ C cheddar cheese
- 1 t parsley flakes
- Turn broiler on high to preheat.
- Scrub potatoes, pierce with a fork, and microwave for about 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Thinly slice potatoes (They will be super hot, so hold with a pot holder while slicing!)
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Lay potato slices down in single layer.
- Season with your choice of seasonings. I sprinkle on black pepper, seasoned salt, and a little red pepper flakes.
- Stick under the broiler for about 2 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top, and return to oven until cheese melts (about 2-3 more minutes).
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
We love seasoned salt and a little red pepper on these, but you really can make them your own by adding your favorite seasonings.